Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Trip to Oz

I just returned from a very special event in Houston, "Follow the Yellow Brick Trail". It was a very friendly gathering of letterboxers and their families. The boxes which were hidden for the event were amazing. I arrived in Houston armed with a stack of clues, but as usual, I spent most of my day at the Event, meeting and exchanging with new boxers and visiting with old friends. Finally a rainstorm drove us inside to a local restaurant where we continued the fun. After we were "refreshed", I went out on the trails with Dewberry and Mother of Five and one of her adorable daughters to find a few letterboxes. There were a couple of their devilishly challenging mystery boxes that I solved and just had to find while in Houston! The next morning, I got up early and braved the fierce humidity to locate a few more boxes before having to travel back to McKinney. There are so many wonderful letterboxers in the Houston area. This weekend was just enough to whet my appetite to come back before long and find more boxes. Just to top things off, just as we were arriving back home in McKinney, we looked up and saw a hot air balloon drifting over our neighborhood - it must have been the Wizard!

1 comment:

Lucy Locket said...

Hello Box Snatcher...I mean Puddle Splasher!

I'm glad to see you started a letterboxing blog. I love living vicariously through others' adventures....especially when I'm not having too many of my own. I'm looking forward to reading your trail stories.

Lucy Locket of Navarro County
TX Music Boxers